Friday, September 01, 2006

Magnificent Rage

I watched the replay of the August 29th Hennepin County Board meeting.

Linda Koblick was magnificent in her rants about the stadium swindle. She went after Opat, his assistant's new job with the stadium commission, the Twins, the Legislature, the Star Tribune, and all of the paid lobbyists.

It reminded me of Brenda Wehle as 'Medea' at the Guthrie Theatre in the early 90's, or Isabel Monk as Clytemnestra a few years later. I expected claps of thunder as she held forth.

The pathetic author of Ordinance 26, Mike Opat, didn't directly answer any of her charges, including the one about purposely omitting public statements about the lack of a referendum when the board passed the resolution that went to the Legislature.

1 comments:

lloydletta said...

I have heard things about Tom Reynolds and Mary Connor. Tom Reynolds is a non-endorsed democrat - and I've talked to him. I have not talked with Mary Connor. She is a libertarian city council person - and Sue Jeffers speaks highly of her.